Monday, March 28, 2011

Author Interview - Shoshanna Evers - Erotic Romances



I'm excited that you stopped in! Welcome! I hope you’re ready to read about this sexy woman who writes hot stories just for YOU! Grab a beverage and come sit with us as we chat with her about her books!

Tonya:  Shoshanna, I’m so excited to introduce you to my readers! I know they’re taking notes! They want to learn more about you and what’s coming up…book-wise, from you! Let’s begin by finding out how you get into your writing frame of mind. Some of us have things we do like music, or drinks. Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?

Shoshanna:  I just sit down after my son goes to bed and start writing. If I waited until I was in the mood to write, I’d never make deadlines or get nearly as much work done. *wink*  I can’t wait for my muse to drop by – I grab her by the hair and chain her to my keyboard! *laughing*

Tonya:  Do you like pushing the envelope when writing?

Shoshanna:  There’s probably nothing I’m going to write that hasn’t been written before. I like to think I write classic romance stories, with a twist. Although apparently a lot of people thought my ginger-figging romance Ginger Snap, an Ellora’s Cave Quickie, pushed the envelope a bit, LOL!

Tonya:  Do you have a card file where you keep story ideas? Where do they come from?

Shoshanna:  I do! Although it’s on my computer, in a folder called NovelIdeas. I have so many ideas that rush through my brain all the time, and I always try to write them down. But when it’s time to start a new WIP, I usually have some new idea that I write. So many of those ideas never see the light of day, no matter how excited I was about them when I first had the ideas.
      I have so many ideas; that’s the easy part for me. The hard part is having the discipline to sit down and write and revise and submit the finished manuscript.

Tonya:  Tell us about a day in your life as a writer.

Shoshanna:  Oh gosh, I’ll bore you to death! I spend the day taking care of my young son, and popping online to Tweet and Facebook and blog and go on Yahoo loops – basically doing promo and social networking. If I have edits I do those while my son naps. At night, after he goes to sleep, I try and add 1000 new words to a WIP.

Tonya:  Goals are good or we wouldn’t get anywhere! Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?

Shoshanna:  I prefer to write at night, but I can write anytime, anywhere, with anything going on around me. If I waited for the ideal circumstances to write I’d never get anything done.

Tonya:  Do you intentionally give your characters flaws so the reader might relate to them better?

Shoshanna:  No one’s perfect, so everyone—including a fictional character—is going to have flaws.

Tonya:  Do you write about things that may teach your reader new ‘ideas’ they might use at home?

Shoshanna:  Uh oh—disclaimer time! These are works of fiction and fantasy, so trying out some of the things my characters do might get you in trouble, LOL.

Tonya:  Ah, but that’s why some people read…to find out what others are doing so they can try it! Where can our readers find you and your books?

Shoshanna:  I have three books out with Ellora’s Cave now, and Chastity Belt is also coming out this year with them. I have a book called Taste of Candy coming out this year with The Wild Rose Press, and in December my story The Wooden Pony will be in the Berkley Heat (Penguin) anthology Agony/Ecstasy. That one will be in print and will be in book stores; the others are ebooks available online.

Sexily *Evers* After…  ShoshannaEvers.com





Tonya:  How about a taste of Hollywood Spank for our readers?

Shoshanna:  I’d love to!

Here’s the blurb from Hollywood Spank:


      When the studio heads for Mark Cannon’s new action movie discover that their leading man likes to spank his personal assistants, they insist Mark hire a professional submissive who won’t run to the tabloids with his kinky secret.
       Andrea Landley may be a wonderful assistant, but she lied through her teeth about being a BDSM pro to get the job—and now her real career as an undercover tabloid reporter has gotten very interesting.
      Andrea is willing to do whatever it takes to get the dirt for her scathing exposé—even if it means learning how to take a spanking from a movie star. She doesn’t realize until it’s too late that Mark Cannon has a lot more in store for her than just a simple stinging bottom.

An Excerpt From: HOLLYWOOD SPANK

Copyright © SHOSHANNA EVERS, 2011

All Rights Reserved, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Inc.

      Mark stepped quietly into his trailer and placed his script on the little desk. The sight of the slender, beautiful young woman lying on his cot caught him off guard and he swallowed a gasp of surprise. His new personal assistant.
      Despite how busy they’d had him in the last couple of hours, Mark had been unable to get Andrea off his mind. He had almost flubbed a line, since his thoughts kept wandering back to his trailer and that amazing ass of hers.
      And now, to find her sprawled out on his cot, looking so sweet and…inviting, he could see why she had proved to be so distracting.
      His gaze lingered over her long, shapely legs, clad in tight denim jeans, then traveled up her fitted long-sleeve blouse, its deep V-neck revealing just a hint of the swell of her perfect breasts.
      He could stare at Andrea like this for hours and never get bored. Mark wanted to pull those tight jeans off her gorgeous legs and ravish her right then and there. His cock thickened at the very thought of having sex with Andrea. Too bad he promised her he wasn’t there to fuck her…and too bad she agreed there would be no fucking.
      Andrea crossed her arms over her chest and looked up at him.
      “Uncross your arms,” he said. “I want to see your breasts.”
      Andrea slowly uncrossed her arms and actually blushed as she did so, even though she was fully dressed.
      “You aren’t really experienced as a submissive, are you.” It was a statement, not a question. She had lied. It was obvious now that this was all very new to her.
      Andrea gasped and shook her head. “I’m sorry, Sir. I just really, really wanted this job.”

      “Enough to let me actually spank you?” he asked, surprised.
      “I may have lied about my BDSM experience to get the job, Sir, but I wasn’t lying about my skill as an assistant, and you saw for yourself that…what you did turned me on.”
      Mark looked at her thoughtfully. “That’s true. So let me get this straight. You’re a very good assistant and you’re fully willing to explore the idea of me spanking you.”
      “Yes.”
      “Because it turns you on.”
      Andrea blushed again. Man, that was cute. “Yes,” she said softly.
      “So even though I said no sex before, if all this really turns you on, are you willing to get a little sexual?” He sat on the edge of the cot next to her and held her chin in his hand, forcing her to meet his eyes.
      “I just met you, Sir, and I don’t usually have sex with men I just met,” she said. “I mean, I never do. So, can we get a little sexual without actually having sex, for right now?”
      Mark grinned. “Absolutely.”
      “So I can stay?”
      “Say, ‘Sir, may I stay?’” Mark said.
      Andrea didn’t hesitate. “Sir, may I stay?”
      “Yeah, you can stay. But I want you over my knee right now for lying to me.”
      “Thank you, Sir. For the job, I mean,” Andrea said as she nervously draped herself over his lap.
      He locked his legs around hers to keep her from escaping her punishment and raised his hand, relishing that moment right before he brought it down on her ass. “Say thank you for the spanking too.”
      “Thank you, Sir.”
      “My pleasure,” Mark said. “And hopefully, it will be your pleasure as well.”

*****

Hollywood Spank on Ellora’s Cave: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9166-hollywood-spank.aspx

Deanna:  Shoshanna, thanks so much for being here this week. Your books sound delicious and sexy! I’m sure many will be adding them to their TBR lists! Is there anything else you’d like to tell our readers?

Shoshanna:  First, thank you for having me here all week; I’m looking forward to chatting with everyone. I’d like to be a little different in my giveaway this week. What I’d like to do is pick one commenter to win an interview on my blog site!  If the commenter is an author, we’ll do an author interview and if they’re a reader, I’d like to do an interview on HOW they choose the books for their reading lists! So please leave a comment or question for me and on Saturday a winner will be picked. Be sure to leave your email addy so I can get in touch with you!

Deanna:  What a wonderful idea! Readers, have many of you ever been interviewed as readers before? What an opportunity! Come on, don’t be shy…leave a comment or question for this sexy lady. She’d love to chat with all of you! Don’t forget to visit her sites...she has lots of links and excerpts! Get in touch on Goodreads, FB and Twitter. Here are a few of her other books just to wet your...appetite! *wink*




 


21 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on your blog Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoshanna, glad you could be here all week! The bartender is waiting for the crowd to arrive. Thanks for inviting more. I'm sure I'll have to search for you in the crowd when I stop by later! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview - and you have some seriously yummy book covers there, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another delightful interview in the writing life of Shoshanna Evers. Well done q&a both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lucy! The art dept at Ellora's Cave is so talented, I love the covers they've created for me too!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shosanna!
    Smokin' covers! Yeah. Definately Kindle material! I'm impressed at how much you accomplish with a young son at home. Kudos to you. Just wait until you leave your writing on the screen to go to the kitchen for a while and he yells out from your computer, "Mom, what does ginger figging mean?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. *making my way through the crowd*

    Thank you all for coming! Shoshanna has a great following of readers!

    Lucy, Charmaine and Wendy - I'm so glad you took the time to stop by and chat with us! Be sure to say hi to our bartender! He'll fix you up a wonderful drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, Wendy, I hope that day never comes, LOL! I'm sure my son will grow up to be a very embarrassed teenager :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, a virtual bartender? Nice. Then the next round's on me, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I seem to always be late - I missed the drinks! :-) I have to salute your dedication to writing. When my kids go to bed I am struggling to keep my own eyes open, let alone write. Ginger Snap was great and I'm reading Hollywood Spank now. Can't wait for Chastity Belt and Taste of Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shoshanna, nice to meet you. Hi ya Tonya. As always a great interview. We get to know the authors better because of your deep probing questions. Shoshanna I agree with Wendy - a little one at home and you seem to balance family and work beautifully. Embarrassed teen - just wait! We have 7 grown kids between us. They call our book Mom and Steve's dirty little book. LOL Only one of them w/his wife has read the book. He is more openminded (must take after me). I think I'll go find that bartender, seems to be getting hot in here all this talk about spanking *wink* I will definitely be adding your books to TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tara!
    I'm glad you liked Ginger Snap, and I hope you enjoy Hollywood Spank.

    While you're waiting for Chastity Belt and Taste of Candy to come out, don't forget I also have Punishing the Art Thief available now from Ellora's Cave! :)

    Here's the link: http://www.jasminejade.com/pc-8635-8-punishing-the-art-thief.aspx

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Brenda & Steve - 7 kids! And I thought I had it tough with one, LOL

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *opening the door for new arriving guests, making sure not to spill my drink*

    Please come in! We're so glad you're here! Shoshanna is mingling with all the guests; she's in here somewhere or might be out back on the patio. Our bartender is in the other room serving your favorites drinks so please mingle and find Shoshanna! Thanks so much for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Shoshanna, Tonya, I am SO late stopping by - I am always inspired by your productivity and upbeat attitude. And your smoking covers never hurt either! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview and post. Hollywood Spank is already on the Nook. I agree, your covers are hot.

    maw1725@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Harlie! I got lucky with cover designers, am I right? ;)

    I hope you enjoy Hollywood Spank! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shoshanna, thanks so much for being here this week! We've had a very large crowd come visit you; I hope they've hopped over to your site as well! Good luck with your sales and promo for your books!

    Readers, thank you to each one who read and/or commented on the interview; we appreciate it! Shoshanna will be announcing the winner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting!

    Harlie Reader, I'd love to interview you on The Writer's Challenge!

    I'll email you now :)

    And thanks again Tonya for having me!

    ReplyDelete