Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rae McCartney - Erotic Romance Author



 Rae McCartney

Erotic Romance Author


     I have the privilege this week to have a debut author with us and I know you're going to enjoy her book - the first in a series. We bet online and I'm so glad we did. Grab your favorite beverage from the bar and get comfy. I hope you enjoy our interview!

Tonya:  Rae, thank you for being with us this week. I have to say, that cover gets a reader right where it counts but we can never go wrong with Jimmy Thomas! Let's get started. Readers love to know more about their authors. Tell us a bit about yourself.


Rae:  Writing has always been a part of my life in one way or another. I love writing erotic romance, writing about things that others only think about! I have modeled professionally in the past and still do it on occasion for charity events, etc. I’m also an avid photographer. . .I have to watch myself because I have been known to get bit by the traveling bug.
      Lovers Undercover: Impassioned may be my first published works, but I have an entire drawer full of manuscripts that I'm going through. . .I hate frigid cold and extreme heat (although I’ll take heat over cold). I love to sail, although I don’t have my own sailboat. . .love to hike and camp (does not have to be an RV). And I love meeting people - people watching is sort of a pass time of mine.

Tonya:  Do you have a day job?

Rae:  I don’t call it a day job, but I am self employed. I do some public relations work, photography on request. I have some “irons in the fire” but they are still in the planning stages. . .

Tonya:  Some of us have things we do to get into the writing frame of mind like music, or drinks. Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?

Rae:  I don’t have any set routine except being in the writing mood. If I’m not nine times out of ten, I’ll end up trashing everything I wrote when I go back and re-read it later. I also write without music, TV or anything. I like it quiet so I can think. I do keep a bottle of water or hot tea nearby (sometimes if it‘s evening a glass of wine perhaps).

Tonya:  Where do you keep story ideas? Where do they come from?

Rae:  I try and write down an idea when it comes to me so I can expand on it later. A lot of what I write comes out of no where, some of it from personal experience. I think all writers throw some personal experiences into their writing.

Tonya:  If you’re self-published, can you tell us a bit about that and how it’s going for you?

Rae:  Self-publishing is almost a job in itself. Don’t let anyone fool you that all you do is write a book, self publish and that’s it. As a self-published author you alone are responsible for getting your book known to readers. You do all your own public relations for your book, which is easy for me. With me, it’s going slow, but Lovers Undercover: Impassioned only came out on February 14th, so it hasn’t even been a month yet. Also as it is my first novel, it will take getting another one out before too terribly long to give readers something more of mine to read.

Tonya:  Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?

Rae:  Both! If I don’t have other “jobs” going on I will sit down and write during the day. I write at night also. I’ve also been known to wake up in the middle of the night and write! It’s more of being in that frame of mind to write than the time of day (or night). Yes, I have to write alone!

Tonya:  What advice would you give to new authors?

Rae:  Write! Keep writing and getting your work out there!

Tonya:  Do you write better when you first have an idea of what your characters look like or do you write, then add character looks?

Rae:  Hmmm, I do both. . .I’ve started out with a particular look for a character and gotten so far along in my writing process and decide that that isn’t the look for the character and revamp them.

Tonya:  What attracts you most about men?

Rae:  Intelligence first. Then looks. . .they also must be confident with themselves, if that makes any sense. Strong might be a good word. They must be comfortable with a strong woman.

Tonya:  We’re dying to hear about your latest book. What can you tell us without spoiling the storyline?

Rae:  Lovers Undercover: Impassioned is an erotic romance, with some twists and turns in it. Scarlett, the “heroine” comes for a very wealthy family, but she’s independent, has her own business and does not rely on the family fortune. Logan (aka Zachariah) is a singer/entertainer among other things.  He and Scarlett hook up on a business venture and find themselves attracted to each other. I will add that Logan has a stalker, making both their lives quite interesting. This is the first of a series so it’s going to get quite interesting. . .


Tonya:  Where can our readers find you and your books?

Rae:  Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords

Tonya:  Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?

Rae:  Only that my next book is an erotic paranormal romance (aren’t they all? Erotic) which I’ve tentatively entitled:  The Secrets Revealed. I'd also like to thank everyone for stopping by to read, whether they left a comment or not. Please visit my websites, I love company!

Tonya:  Let’s do a few questions just for fun. What is your favorite night time snack?

Rae:  I really, really try not to eat after dinner, but IF I do it is usually popcorn.

Tonya:  Oh, one of my favorites snacks! Do you like toppings on your ice cream?

Rae:  When I do eat ice cream, chocolate or fudge syrup is my big weakness!

Tonya:  What’s your favorite meal - Italian, Mexican, Thai, etc?

Rae:  Give me a big slab of prime rib, medium rare and I’m in heaven!!

CONTEST:  Follow my blog (link is listed below) and leave a comment. One lucky commenter will receive a $20.00 gift card of their choice to Amazon or B&N but please include your address so I can easily contact the winner!

Site Links:

Blog  
Twitter - @RaeMacca

Buy Links: