Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Character Interview for Rainie's Lake by Brenda and Steve

Rainie's Lake
Character Interview 
 
     Hi! Brenda and Steve here...thank you for joining us today as we chat with Dylan and Rainie on the porch at the cabin.  This is our first interview with characters and both let us know they wanted to chat! Now, we won't allow them to give spoilers away, but we do hope you'll come to love these two as we do. 

    We're sitting here enjoying the breathtaking view of the pine trees and the serene mountains. Dylan is making us coffee. He's such the host! Rainie will be here soon. 



     Later if you want to stretch your legs and walk about, you'll probably find Rainie down by the lake. She wanders in the fog early mornings and before dusk. Be careful by the lake's edge, the fog is thick and the water is freezing this time of year. The dock would be the safest place to stand and chat with her one on one.


     Ah, here's Dylan now with steaming mugs to go around. Thanks Dylan!

Brenda & Steve: Dylan, we hope you're enjoying your vacation. Tell us a little bit about you and your job as an art instructor.


Dylan: You're welcome and actually I am! Well, *chuckles* I'm really pretty boring. I love to fish so when I saw the ad for the cabin with the private dock, and the spectacular view, I knew this place was my destination. I teach at the local arts & design college within a few miles of my home. Every quarter, I have the pleasure of instructing very gifted students; about 15 to 20 in the class. I guess being one of the youngest instructors helps too. My students and I really connect.

Brenda & Steve: We did hear the fishing is good in these parts. What prompted this alone time?

Dylan: This vacation was long over due since I haven't taken time for myself in four years. As you can see it's a beautiful area for an artist to get the creative juices flowing. I hoped to find inspiration to put the brush to canvas and I did. *grins*

Brenda & Steve: We see the grin on your face. And here's the reason! Hi Rainie, glad you have joined us. 

*Dylan stands and offers Rainie his chair*

Rainie: *smiles, pulling the hood away from her head* Hi Brenda & Steve! 
*Dylan rests his hand on her shoulder. Rainie places her hand over his, giving it a squeeze*

Brenda & Steve: Rainie, you're from this area. Tell us a little bit about yourself and growing up here.

Rainie: I grow up in the next town. After I graduated from college, I returned and taught at the grammar school. My parents rented this cabin a few times when I was a little girl. I have wonderful memories of playing out by the dock and on the lake that I try to keep in the forefront of my mind because there's a sad memory here too. *tightens her grip on Dylan's hand*

Brenda & Steve:*sighs* We know there are good times and bad times here, so let's keep the chat in a happy mode for now. Dylan, what was it about Rainie that drew you to her.

Dylan: *takes a lingering glance at Rainie* Her eyes captured me. They're a beautiful green and get darker depending on her mood. Oh, and her smile which reaches her eyes first.  Ummm, her butt too; I loved watching her walk away but hoped she would always return. *winks at Rainie*

Brenda & Steve: That's so sweet and romantic! Rainie, same question to you. What drew you to Dylan?

Rainie: *blushes* Dylan, you just had to add how much you liked my backside! Let's see, he makes great coffee don't you think! *laughs*  His boyish good looks, sandy hair and his kindness.  I've never met a man as kind and giving as Dylan.

*A red 2012 Mustang pulls in the yard. A familiar, shapely brunette gets out of the car and waves*


Tonya: Hi everyone! I was out for a drive and thought I'd stopped by.

Brenda & Steve: *in unison* Hey Tonya! *each give her a hug* (Brenda) This is a surprise visit! We're chatting with Dylan and Rainie. 

*Steve offers his chair to Tonya, gets a hug and she hugs Brenda*

Tonya: Thanks Steve, you're such a gentleman! It's great to see you two again. Nice to meet you Dylan and Rainie. *takes a second look at Dylan from head to toe* He's a keeper, Rainie. 

Brenda & Steve: (Brenda laughs) Tonya, hon, behave now. 

Tonya: Whaaaat? I was just sayin'. Actually I have a few questions to ask if I may be so bold.

Brenda & Steve: *Steve winks at Tonya* Bren, you know Tonya loves being in control since the switch. 

Tonya: *purrs* Yes, I cherish my new role. For my first question: What do each of you find attractive in the opposite sex? 

Rainie: Well Tonya, I mentioned earlier kindness and how kind Dylan is. The other traits would be a good sense of humor, compassion and a good kisser. 

Tonya: Oh, let me guess. Dylan is a good kisser among other things? 

Rainie: Yes to all! 

Dylan: *blushes* Okay, no kissing and telling here. Tonya, what I find most attractive in a female is a passion for life, a woman that keeps me smiling whether she is with me or I'm thinking of her. But most of all, a woman who doesn't give up and goes after what she wants or needs to do. 

Tonya: Well this brings me to my other question. *turns to look at Rainie* Rainie, you had a tragic past. What made you think Dylan would be the one to believe and help you?  

Rainie: *bites her lower lip, looks at Dylan* He cares for people and how they feel. I tried many times to get other people, who came to the cabin, to listen to me. No one believed me. Dylan did. I wish I could go back and change my life, and met Dylan back then; my life would have been so different. 

Dylan:  *kneels down beside Rainie, looks up at Tonya* We both wish we knew each other before the incident.  

Tonya: Thank goodness I brought tissues! *reaches in her leather coat pocket* 

Brenda & Steve: (Brenda) *sniffs* Okay, I'm getting teary-eyed all over again here. Rainie and Dylan, thank you for chatting with us today. Tonya, we're so glad you drove up to visit. It'll be dusk soon and we want to leave before the fog rolls in.  

Rainie: *stands* I need to take my walk near the lake. Dylan, we'll work on the sketch later this evening? 

Dylan: *rises, takes Rainie's hand and softly kisses her lips* Sure Rainie. Just a few more touches and I'll be ready to paint. 

*Brenda, Steve and Tonya watch the intimate exchange between the lovers before walking towards their cars*


Blurb for Rainie's Lake:

    Taking a long over due vacation, Art Instructor, Dylan Bishop is eager to start his trip to the cabin in the mountains. When he saw the photo online with the rental ad, he knew this was his destination. Being drawn to the lake nestled behind the cabin with a private dock, Dylan hopes to regain his inspiration to paint.
     His vacation takes an erotic turn when he meets Rainie Marks on a foggy morning by the dock. She is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. However, there is sadness and a mystery about her. Finding his inspiration, he sketches her one evening and unable to resist the passion that has sparked between them, Rainie and Dylan share a sensual night together.
     When Rainie tells him the truth about her past and the lake, the mystery she hides unfolds. The key to everything is the lake. Will Dylan be able to help her put the past to rest?

Buy Links




 

5 star reviews and buy links:

Ray Sostre - The AfterDark World

Adriana Kraft -  'A yummy erotic tale with paranormal features, I loved this book!'