Monday, October 21, 2013

New sexy release by @PatriciaRasey


A Trip into the ‘What ifs’

     I constantly find myself saying “what it?” as I’m sure all writers do. You see an everyday occurrence, or item and your mind begins to wander to that place. What if someone vacuumed sealed body parts and mailed them? What if you were in the forest and stumbled upon a crucifix with a man’s body nailed to it? What if you were trapped in a closest with a poisonous snake?
     My mind usually centers in darkness as you can see, but with Spirit Me Away, I traveled off the beaten path. What if you moved into an apartment and your roommate was a hot-as-sin ghost? And even better, what if said ghost had one thing on his mind? Seduction! Life for Holly Andrews was about to get a whole lot more interesting … check out my latest novella if you want the answer to my latest “What if?” 

Blurb:
     Luke Braden was having the best sex of his life one moment, and the next he's stuck in his apartment as a...ghost. No one to talk with, no one that can see him. That is until Holly stumbles into his life, or there lack of. Things are about to get way more interesting.
     Holly Andrews is excited to get her first place, to move beyond the walls of her parent's house and set out on her own. Nothing can dampen the spirit though, like finding out the place is haunted. And if that isn't bad enough, the hot and sexy ghost has one thing on his mind...seduction.
Excerpt:
     “Dead?” She giggled nervously. This guy was a whack job.
     “I heard that,” he groused. Reading her thoughts was not going to be a good thing. Well, other than finding out she desired him, which brought a crooked grin to his face. For some reason, it pleased him that she found him attractive. “I assure you I’m quite serious.”
     He clasped his hands behind his back and paced, or rather floated across the carpet. “You’re no more surprised than I when I came into this state of being. One minute I was having the best sex of my life and the next I’m … dead.”
     “You’re serious?”
      Luke stopped  and looked at her deadpan, brooking no argument. “I think we’ve already established that.”
     “And you think I can help you get to … the afterlife?”
     He shrugged. “You’re the only person I’ve held a conversation with in six months. Not like I have a lot of options. I’ve watched potential tenants come and go as the landlord parades them through one by one. But no one seemed interested in renting the place because I died here. Until you, that is.”
     “I don’t believe in ghosts.”
      He looked at her queerly.
     “Didn’t,” she quickly amended.
     Holly shook her head, hands on hips, and looked to the floor. Too bad he hadn’t met her while he was alive. He would’ve enjoyed helping her out with that ‘lack of a sex life’ part. Ebony hair curled about her heart-shaped face, making him wish he could run his fingers through its shoulder-length mass. He bet it was as silky soft as it appeared.
     She looked back at him, her blue eyes like the Caribbean ocean. “I think I might be the one who’s quacked. I can’t believe I’m standing here having a conversation with someone who believes he’s dead.”
     “I am dead.” Luke stepped closer. She still didn’t believe him. Unbelievable. “Touch me.”
      Her eyes rounded. “No.”
     “Afraid, Holly?” He could sense she was just shy of bolting. “I can’t bite. Touch me,” he repeated.
     Holly raised her hand and aimed it for his chest, holding it out as if she meant to place her palm directly over his still heart. Instead of making contact, it passed right through him. She snatched it quickly back.
     Oh, my God, oh my God, oh my God, he heard her chant in her mind as easily as if she had spoken it aloud. She massaged her hand.
      The electricity that passed through him from her contact jolted him as well. He had been touched before, walked right through as a matter of fact, when the landlord had been showing the apartment, and never felt a mere twinge.
     “Touch me again.”
     Holly vigorously shook her head. “No.”
    “You felt it, too.”
     She nodded.
    “So you believe me?”
    “It’s either I believe you or wake up from this freakish dream I seem to be stuck in.”

Available now for only .99:






 



Twitter

CONTEST: Comment to be in the drawing to win an e-copy of Spirit Me Away! Winner will be picked on the 26th!



Thank you for stopping in to peek!
Please use the share buttons below!