Monday, July 7, 2014

RJ Redlynn stops by with his HOT Vignettes

RJ Redlynn gives us
 ALL the answers in his interview!
 
 


Naughty Readers:  Readers love to know more about their authors. Tell us a bit about yourself.

RJ Redlynn:  I think I’m boring. Just a regular guy. Well a regular guy who writes explicit erotica. I do bake, namely cupcakes and they are well liked and I don’t have to say so myself, there are a lot of people who would say it for me. However, I don’t want to own a bakery as it’s the reactions that I really love. In a way, it’s similar to my writing. It’s a wonderful feeling when people love and respond to something you created.

Naughty Readers:  Do you have a day job?

RJ Redlynn:  Yes, in a very old and traditional system, that I won’t mention, but I get summers off.

Naughty Readers:  Some of us have things we do to get into the writing frame of mind like music, or drinks. Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?

RJ Redlynn:  Normally, I can multitask very well, my son even commented on that when he and I had a conversation while I was listening to a song and working on something on my computer. But for some reason I really need my full attention when it comes to writing the story. Sexy pictures or videos can certainly help put you in a sexy frame of mind which is important when writing a sex scene. It’s hard to do that with a head ache or if you’re tired.

Naughty Readers:  Where do you keep story ideas? Where do they come from?

RJ Redlynn:  I get ideas from a lot of places. My wife gives me ideas and fans give me some as well. Sometimes a song or a picture ( and yes sometimes it’s a naughty picture) will also spark an idea. In my current work in progress Vignettes – Bethany’s Awakening, I used two songs as inspiration for the stories. Just this last week, I was approached with 4 ideas for stories people would like me to write.

Naughty Readers:  If you’re self-published, can you tell us a bit about that and how it’s going for you?

RJ Redlynn:  It’s been tough at first trying to learn the ins and outs, formatting, promotion, and taking care of all of the details. However, I was able to make friends with a number of authors like Tonya as well as Suzy Ayers, Chelle Bliss, Charity Parkerson and others who have really helped me with guidance and introduced me to other people who’ve also helped. Sorry for not naming everyone. It’s been a real learning experience and thankfully I’ve been able to mentor a few new authors.

Naughty Readers:  Are you a daytime writer, night time writer, and do you have to be alone to write?

RJ Redlynn:  On the weekends and breaks from work, I’ll write anytime of the day but mostly I’m a night time writer for practical purposes namely the day job. Time of day doesn’t really matter to me.

Naughty Readers:  What advice would you give to new authors?

RJ Redlynn:  Try and write something every day and let the story tell itself. Plan, plan, and plan. The better you’ve planned out your story, the easier the writing is.  And of course, don’t be discouraged, it’s a long road.

Naughty Readers:  Do you write better when you first have an idea of what your characters look like or do you write, then add character looks?

RJ Redlynn: Absolutely, I create the story in my head and write and plan it out there ( I also write pen and paper notes). I imagine the scenes and the dialog. Not knowing what the characters look like, or even their names drives me crazy and I can’t write the story until I have that settled.

Naughty Readers:  What attracts you most about women?

RJ Redlynn:  I will admit that I notice hair color first and blonde before any other color but that doesn’t mean that I automatically think blondes are better looking, they just catch my eye first. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman. I’ve found myself attracted to women of all hair color, height, shapes, race. But one thing that I think stands out is confidence. When you have that, you shine brighter.

Naughty Readers:  We’re dying to hear about your latest book. What can you tell us without spoiling the storyline?

RJ Redlynn:  My latest work in progress (due out late June / early July) is the second book in my Vignettes series. Bethany’s Awakening. It’s the story of a woman who throws an adult toy party in order to help her friends spice up there love lives a bit more. Well the women begin sharing their sexy stories and Bethany soon realizes that she’s the one that needs to spice up her love life after hearing all of the erotic, sexy, naughty, dirty stories from her RJ Redlynns. Some of the women would whose stories you read about in book 1, Vignettes – Tales of Passion also appear in book 2 and share follow up stories.

Naughty Readers:  Where can our readers find you and your books?

RJ Redlynn:  Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, Fiction4all.com

Naughty Readers:  Is there anything else you want to tell our readers?

RJ Redlynn:  I also write for a podcast Dirtybitpodcast.com They’ve used a number of my stories and sometimes ask me to write a story for a special occasion. The main reader, Sherry has one of the sexiest voices.     hmm…..other than that, find me on Facebook and say hi or chat or let me know about any ideas for stories you might have. I have a saying “I have two kids so you can’t gross me out and I write explicit erotica so you can’t embarrass me.”

Naughty Readers:  What is your favorite night time snack?

RJ Redlynn:  I try not to eat at night, but beef jerky. It has to be soft and not the hard chewy kind. (I’ve turned into a beef jerky snob)

Naughty Readers:  Do you like toppings on your ice cream?

RJ Redlynn: Yes, who doesn’t love adding a little something extra on top. I mean who can say no to some sprinkles? Cheesecakes bites have recently been my go to for toppings.

Naughty Readers:  What’s your favorite meal - Italian, Mexican, Thai, etc?

RJ Redlynn: I’m not Italian at all but Italian – pizza is my favorite but I wouldn’t turn down lasagna or a big bowl or spaghetti with meatballs.


Site Links:
@rjredlynn (twitter) 

 Buy Links for Vignettes: